POSITION TITLE: Accountant
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION/SECTION: Controllers Office/Accounting Division
REPORTS TO: Manager of Accounting
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. Education must include a minimum of 12 credit hours in accounting with one to two years work experience in accounting.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Accounting Division prepares documented financial statements and reports to control and account for funds and to analyze and project financial data.
- Prepare interim and annual balance sheets and income statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Prepare adjusting entries to correct or close accounts maintained.
- Establish and maintain relationships with appropriate fiscal staff of county departments and assist them with accounting/finance matters as needed.
- Understand the goals and objectives of assigned tasks and inform Manager of progress or problems
- Keep abreast of new accounting standards and county developments which affect the financials.
- Special research projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS ABILITY:
- Work independently
- Be detail oriented and organized
- Respond to changing priorities and accomplish a multitude of tasks in a timely fashion without close supervision
- Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint is required. Experience linking data between excel files and familiarity with excel formulas, in particular the SumiF, SumProduct, and VLookup formulas desired.
- Use Microsoft Access and Publisher a plus.